It's been a while..

by - June 07, 2017


Hey! Hi! Hello! Remember me?

It's almost been a year since my last update, if I remember correctly I said I would keep up with this blog.. looks like I lied, sorry! Not intentionally though, I promise! So here's 
what I've been up to this past year:


  • I went back to Hong Kong for a month in June 2016 to see my family, especially my grandma

Me (my hair doesn't like this anymore, thank goodness!) with my Por Por <3

  • Got my hair did at the most fanciest hair salon I've ever been to in my life (I finally got the steel grey hair I had been dreaming over for months!)
Started off as a gorgeous steel blue colour

Then faded to a beautiful steel grey
(Eventually I lost majority of the grey after 4/5 months of being back in the UK, so I just rocked the silvery blonde colour for a bit before I dyed my hair to my now, current colour: pastel blue and purple.)
  • Went to my 2nd favourite place in the world, Japan, for almost a week with my cousin and auntie


Osaka, Japan

  • Finished my year long student work placement in August 2016




  • Went back to uni for my final year in September 2016
  • Had numerous mental breakdowns over the workload.. and that was only the first week back!
  • Hated myself for my worst enemy, aka procrastination, which resulted in me getting 1 or 2 bad grades for the first time ever while at uni, but luckily I managed to pick my grades back up and even the scores out.
  • Went on my very first professional music video shoot as a Production Assistant in January 2017.
  • More mental breakdowns and panic
  • Played Producer twice, for some live shows we had to stream online as part of my assessment.
  • Booked my Graduation gown and tickets which made it feel more real that it's happening.
  • Went to London to film England Handball Finals, but almost blacked out the night before due to being tired and a complete lightweight at drinking.. (oops!)
 At this point I just felt horrid and wanted nothing more than to go back to the Hotel and sleep haha, but I had such a good night with these guys <3

Didn't get back to the hotel till midnight, and I couldn't sleep at all due to a crying child in the next room. But was up and on location by 7:30am the following day for a 12hours shift at England Handball, the struggle was very very real.
  • Went to my very first course celebration event, even though it's been going on for 5 years. I never went the previous years because I didn't feel like I fitted in or had friends I could hang with there, funny how things change, because I had the best time ever this year when I decided to show my face haha.


 Got nominated by my lecturers for "Best Use of Graphics" but I had no chance of winning with the people I was up against, but I was the only girl in the category, so I guess I won on that fact?



 Was so good to see Joe! He is currently on the same placement that I was on a year prior to him.
DL STUDENT PLACEMENT REPRESENT HAHAHA!

Going for drinks with my lecturers and course mates after the celebration event.
Can't wait to graduates with these guys, I have so so so much love for this lot.

  • I made myself a website/portfolio now that I'm graduating and need to learn how to 'adult'
  • Had my first and second freelance work meeting on the 5th June, and secured myself a 'per video' job and another opportunity to do some more work shadowing for industry experience.


Talking video ideas :)

And I think that's everything to round up my past year, I've had a lot on and wasn't prepared for the heavy workload of uni after being away from it for a year. I thought time felt like it was dragging at the start and it's actually crazy how fast it's gone, I honestly can't believe I'm graduating next month! It feels so surreal, these last 4 years has flown by, and I can't wait for all the exciting things happening in the next coming months!




Now that I have more free time, I'll be sure to keep this blog updated, as I've been trying/using a lot of new products that I'm so in love with and want to share with you all.
All this free time also means I can finally sort out the mess that is the layout of this blog, been meaning to do it for years but never got round to it hehehe..

Love,
Melody xo

You May Also Like

0 comments