ToSave Haul & Review

by - February 13, 2018

Hello! How have you all been? Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! I took January off from blogging to have a refresh of the mind, and I had a few job interviews, industry related courses, etc. to go to, so they took up a lot of my time. Oh and I also discovered the Korean reality show Return of The Superman, and it basically took over my life. The kids on that show are so ridiculously cute and hilarious!

Today, it's back to business, and I bring you my first post of 2018! The kind people at Tosave got in contact with me and kindly let me pick a few items from their online wholesale platform. The package was sent out to me of January 31st and it arrived on February 13th, so about 2 weeks for delivery time. I had an allowance of $15 to spend and managed to pick up 8 items.
The website is straight forward and very easy to use and navigate around the site.

I tried my best to pick a variety of items from different categories for a good overall feel of the website, but most importantly I picked items I thought I would genuinely like. So here's what I got and my first impressions of them:

Bling Glitter Soft Case For iPhone
Price: $2.45
Colour: Purple (other colours available)
Model: iPhone 7 Plus (other iPhone models available)
(Left: What I saw | Right: What I got)

Expectation: I needed a new phone case since my current one was getting old and battered. I love the way this phone case looked a little psychedelic and trippy, the gold flakes makes the overall case look expensive and elegant.
Reality: Right off the bat I noticed there wasn't as many gold flakes and the colour of the case is also not as dark, but I'm going to put that down to lighting/environment the photo was taken in. I was hoping there would be some sort of "oil slick" effect with the case when it is moved in a certain way, given that the pattern resembles oil slick.
However, what I do appreciate about the case is that the pattern is exactly the same as the one in the photo and it does feel pretty well made for the price it is at. I also like that there is some weight and thickness to it on the back panel, it gives me a better hold of my phone since iPhones are sleek and notoriously slippery.
With this case I know my phone is well protected.. and that's why I've got it on my phone right now haha!
My Rating: 4/5

Price: $3.30
Colour: Pink (also comes in blue)
Model: S (two sizes available)
(Left: What I saw | Right: What I got)
(Left: What I saw | Right: What I got)
(Left: What I saw | Right: What I got)

Expectation: CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! Super perfect for travelling and putting in my makeup or random bits and bobs in there. Love it!
Reality: When I first saw it I thought it was so cool that it looked exactly like the pictures I had seen, and it's not just some replica. However, I'm actually a little disappointed with this storage case, because even though it doesn't cost a lot, I was still hoping it would be more sturdy than what I got.
The lid of the storage felt great, looked great, everything about it was great. But once I unzipped the lid and pushed out the edges of the storage, the material of the main compartment just felt flimsy and thin. It felt like crate paper, and any kind of tension would make it rip.
As you can see from the images above, it's so thin that if it's held to the light you can see the extent of how much structure it is lacking.
When using this I will definitely not put too many weighted items in there, or objects with sharp edges in the fear that it could tear and all my things drops out. But of course this is all just my theory, I would have to test it first to see how much weight it can hold.
My Rating: 2/5

Price: $1.55
Colour: Colorful (other colours available)
What I saw
 What I got (different colour depending on angles)

Expectation: Looked cool, pretty sure every blogger has something similar to this, hope I can rock it.
Reality: For the price it's at I wasn't expecting too much from it. It definitely looks the part but I'd say it's more of a fashion statement piece than protective eyewear from UV rays on a sunny day.
My Rating: 3/5

Price: $0.55
Quantity: 100 pieces
 What I saw
What I got

Expectation: Saw some Asian beauty bloggers/vloggers use these before and always wanted to try them for myself.
Reality: Came in a small ziplock bag, thought it would come in a little tub, like the ones that contains gloves in box hair dyes. I'm yet to try these out, but I'm excited to give it a go.
My Rating: 4/5

Price: $4.30
Size: M (Comes in 2 other sizes)
 (Left: What I saw | Right: What I got)

Expectation: A good size, perfect for travelling, and putting in liquid products.
Reality: Out of all the items, this was the most expensive but still considered "cheap". I wasn't expecting much after the other storage, but I was pleasantly surprised! It did come a little squished due to the other products being inside it and having to be compacted down for delivery. I love the simplicity of it and it's a very good basic clear bag staple for travel. It's a decent size so you could fit a lot in there, and the handle on top feels like it could take a lot of weight. This is definitely my favourite item out of everything.

My Rating: 5/5

Price: $1.10
Colour: Champagne Holo
(Left: What I saw | Right: What I got)


Expectation: Looks so pretty and shinyyyy!
Reality: On the website it says it's a chrome powder, however, no matter how much I tried to buff it into my nails it never gave the effect. It's more like a glitter, than a chrome powder. It is still a very pretty colour though, so I'll just find use for it elsewhere.
My Rating: 1/5


Nail Powder
Price: $0.74
Colour: Rose Gold Chrome
(Left: What I saw | Right: What I got)

Expectation: So girly so pretty! It's such a nice colour!
Reality: I got 2 of these, and the powder looks exactly like the image. It does buff into my nails like how a chrome powder should be. However, my initial thought of the powder being too dark to look like the nice soft pink in the marketing image is confirmed, as it came off more of a burnt orange/bronze colour.
My Rating: 3/5

So that's everything I got! There's some hits and misses, but for the price they're at you can't really expect too much or be mad at it. You get what you pay for. My most liked item happens to be the most expensive, so I assume the more you pay for an item the better quality they will be. Overall I am happy with what I got and I will use them so they won't go to waste, and if I ever needed something I would take a look on Tosave again.

Just wanted to finish of by saying thank you so much to Tosave for working with me on this post and I really appreciate the kind gesture. I am forever grateful ♥

And thank you to my readers too! See you in my next post!

Love,
Melody xo.

You May Also Like

0 comments